SCE News
Congratulations to
Marcia
Marcia

Stock Car Extreme News

Mini truck series.

Post questions or comments about a division here. Late Model, Sportsman/Pro Stock, Pure Stock, Mini-Stock, etc.

Moderators: Carl Smith, Ron Verash, Frankie_D

V-6 Mini Trucks.

Yes
79%
No
21%

Total votes : 28

Mini truck series.

Postby dfr81 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:55 pm

What would everyone think of a V-6 mini truck series?
Drew Davis
DFR #81
dfr81
Track Champion

Re: Mini truck series.

Postby GSARacing34 » Tue Sep 08, 2009 5:31 pm

I would love to see a minitruck series around here. I think it is Arca that has one and they run 4cyl or V6 motors (your choice). I jsut got done reading about it in a past issue of Circletrack. I even have a ranger out back waiting for a racing career. You have my vote.
GSA Racing
Scott Rich
GSARacing34
Track Champion

Postby Lawson » Wed Dec 01, 2010 3:44 pm

I like watching the Craftsman Trucks beatin on each other on tv lol it would be nice watch it at a local track :bigteeth:
Dan Slone 3112
Lawson
Veteran

Postby scottjo305 » Fri May 13, 2011 12:11 pm

I would love to see this develop into something.
scottjo305
Rookie

Postby dfr81 » Fri May 13, 2011 3:54 pm

Would love to see it start somewhere. Got a truck waiting for an engine.
Drew Davis
DFR #81
dfr81
Track Champion

Postby jgh » Sat May 14, 2011 3:09 pm

I have been wanting to see something like this develop for several years now! Rangers, Sonomas, S10, etc! The Mottville Speedway would be very interested in running them!
jgh
Track Champion

Postby scottjo305 » Mon May 16, 2011 12:03 pm

the question arises is that how many people would be interested in running this series, and what would pay be like.
scottjo305
Rookie

Postby JVM79f » Mon May 16, 2011 2:25 pm

I have a 92' chevy S-10. 2 questions, can I use the stock fuel injected V-6? If not can I put A ford 2.3 in it?
JVM79f
Track Champion

Postby doctordave » Mon May 16, 2011 8:54 pm

Before this can progress any further and make any sense the rules should be decided because their is a big difference in the small trucks in suspension and power plants this would not be an easy task. It would take a great deal of thought so that every truck is on the same playing field and does not have a big advantage over another otherwise it will be a bust from the start.
I my self can't see it happening with one exception, putting the truck bodies on the current Mini rolling stock, this would bring a new look too the class and allow the two to run together and the rules would be already be in place, with some body mounting rule to keep it from going wild it would be neat to see them all in the same race. I am looking at this from a money and a piratical stand point. Just my opinion
doctordave
Veteran

Postby dfr81 » Mon May 16, 2011 9:14 pm

My thoughts exactly. I am thinking that trucks of any make can use the front a-arms. I have seen a few with an s-10 chassis and ford ranger body. The Rangers had the twin I-beam and that would be a huge disadvantage.
Drew Davis
DFR #81
dfr81
Track Champion

Postby jgh » Mon May 16, 2011 10:05 pm

Where is John Courson when we need him?
We need John to design a set of low cost rules for this class.
jgh
Track Champion

Postby doctordave » Mon May 16, 2011 10:28 pm

WHY WOULD YOU NEED JOHN THEIR ARE SEVERAL OF US THAT CAN PUT RULES TO THIS CLASS AND HAVE A BETTER INCITE ON WHAT IS NEED SINCE WE HAVE RUN THIS CLASS FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND CAN APPLY THAT KNOWLEDGE !!!
doctordave
Veteran

Postby jgh » Mon May 16, 2011 10:33 pm

[quote="doctordave"]WHY WOULD YOU NEED JOHN THEIR ARE SEVERAL OF US THAT CAN PUT RULES TO THIS CLASS AND HAVE A BETTER INCITE ON WHAT IS NEED SINCE WE HAVE RUN THIS CLASS FOR SEVERAL YEARS AND CAN APPLY THAT KNOWLEDGE !!![/quote
Well, then, lets see them! Truck series, that is!
jgh
Track Champion

Postby doctordave » Mon May 16, 2011 11:03 pm

As I stated in a earlier post it would be next to imposable to put a set of rules to lets say a stock Mini truck for the following reason the motors vary from i believe 1.8 4 banger to a 4.3 v6 that can be made in stock form to make near 300hp with no visable changes and v6s are not available in all makes the Dodge has only v6 and v8s i believe, The ranger I beam would be out to lunch the yota would have a clear advantage and their are almost no carb motors left in the bone yards, also it would be near imposable to tech efi at our local level gm alone has 4 different forms of it alone. the front wheel drives are already changing the programing now.
This is why I said put the truck bodies on the present rolling stock it would be a lot less costly and still have the truck concept.
doctordave
Veteran

Postby johnc » Tue May 17, 2011 12:52 am

merle thanks for the vote of confidence. daves right i wouldnt be a good person to do this concept. especially when i find the mini rule book to be the most contratictory peice of litature out there. but anyways daves right the means of teching this class is years down the road from where current tech standards are at now. they have basic simple measurements and weights to check now and frankly id say it kicks their assses to do that. and there is no common truck design style to base anything on. has stated good luck with this fantasy i had a way better easier to tech idea.
that got little response even tho it was presented to me by a promotor. who has never returned a email on this subject i may add. dave hows that presidential campaign coming lol
johnc
Track Champion

Return to Divisions