SCE News

Stock Car Extreme News

Around The Asphalt

By: Larry Giese

Moderators: Carl Smith, Ron Verash, Frankie_D

Around The Asphalt

Postby slmlarry » Thu Oct 21, 2010 3:02 pm

Well last week was the last super late model race in the midwest with the running of the 39th annual Winchester 400.A stout field of cars filled the pits over 200 in all for the weekend action.Scott Neal won the cra sportsman event, Mike Stacy won the mod race saturday night.Johnny Van Doorn set fast time in cra qualifing with T J Reid on the front row.Results of the race can be found elsewhere but from what i observed there were about 3 cars that dominated VanDoorn in the early stages,Donnie Wilson in the middle, and when it was time to collect the big pay day 14 yr old sensation and second generation star Chase Elliot held off a determined VanDoorn to win the biggest race of his young career until maybe the first weekend in December.That of course being the snowball derby where he should be a favorite to win that race as well.I have to say the CRA did a great job with the weekend activities from advertising to filling the pits, the stands and most of the weather a perfect 70 degree day on sunday.Iwant to thank R J Scott and Glen Luckett for the hospitality and they still have 1 more race left the North/South Shoot out at Concord.I can't wait for the release of the 2011 CRA schedule along with all the schedules for 2011.Getting back to Winchester a few shout outs to Doug,Pam,Lou,Toledo Tom,Gary,Chuck,Scott Menlen,Gary Angle,Jeff Miller,Jerry Dennis,Ed and Linda Inloes,Mike Stacy,Mike and Kim Williams, and special hello to the Kugler krew who i couldn't get around to seeing because of the mob of cars ,mobilehomes,atvs, and people John i hope to see you guys next year some where but i'm sure i'll talk to you over the winter.Well i can't believe 2010 season is over where did it go? Things should get real interesting over the winter with the super late model division the tires,bodies,engines,scheduling on saturdays cmon powers that be get together and get these issues resolved so when can pump up these dwindling fields of cars and get the outlaw supers to full capicity again and get some great racing to look forward to in 2011 See ya around the asphalt
slmlarry
Rookie

Return to Around The Asphalt