SCE News

Stock Car Extreme News

Around The Asphalt

By: Larry Giese

Moderators: Carl Smith, Ron Verash, Frankie_D

Around The Asphalt

Postby slmlarry » Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:20 pm

Last weekend had the pleasure to go to ORP for the CRA series 100 lap 8,000 to win event.I had never been there but i was impressed with the facility but not the 5 dollar parking and the concession prices i thought i was at a nfl football game wow.The place is bigger in person than on tv the racing got strung out as there were few lead changes as 2nd generation stars Josh Hamner and Ross Kenseth dominated the race with Kenseth coming home first and Hamner 2nd Evan Jackson 3rd Griffin McGrath 4th and Scott Hantz 5th.Healthy doses of cars for each division congratulations to Brian Nester for winning the mod race and Derrick Griffin for winning the sportsman race.I got to say the sportsman race lead off the features but i think the race should have been 25 laps instead of 50 alot of blown motors and very time consuming.I was glad to say i've been there and next time someone else can drive through that constuction of Indiana because i'm not.Good seeing John and Angela,Monroe lou,Jeff Miller,my good buddy crew chief Mike Williams[thanks for the picture],also good seeing Tyler and fellow writer Tom Botos.Now this weekend Main Event XXIII weekend at Columbus Motor Speedway about 35 pre-entered including the Tag cars,Brent Jack,Mike Luberda,Paul Pelliter,Harold Fair Jr. and Johnny VanDoorn to name a few.My pick to win the 61 of VanDoorn i think he'll stop the winning streak of Gentrys cars of Senneker and Needles.This should be a great show practice is today, qualifing and heats Saturday and Main Event fearture racing is at 1:00 pm Sunday.Along with the Main Event Outlaw supers modifieds,sports stocks,and compacts are on the bill. You can to the website and see the tradition of this race until last year 21 different winners first repeat winner Terry Senneker should be a great show weather looks good and well after the races saturday night is party central at Columbus Motor Speedway time to get revved up the year end specials are here Main Event this weekend and the Glass City 200 next Saturday.See ya Around The Asphalt at Columbus :flag: :flag:
slmlarry
Rookie

Re: Around The Asphalt

Postby slmlarry » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:26 pm

Hey guys just to follow up Steve Needles won Main Event xxIII over Johnny VanDoorn,Zero Hill,Mike Stacy,Paul Pelliter,Scott Baker,Brian Short,Drew Charlson on the lead lap.There was a lap one incident between Mike Luberda and VanDoorn that took out alot of the favorites.36 timed in Steve Needles had fast time.Good battle at the end between Needles and VanDoorn including some paint rubbing.Team Gentry has won 5 out of the last 6 Main Events at Columbus.
slmlarry
Rookie

Re: Around The Asphalt

Postby jvanderr » Mon Sep 27, 2010 6:07 am

Hey buddy, thanks for all the updates. Wish I could have made it, hoping to make it to The Glass City as long as work cooperates.
jvanderr
Rookie

Return to Around The Asphalt