SCE News

Stock Car Extreme News

Around The Asphalt 6-21

By: Larry Giese

Moderators: Carl Smith, Ron Verash, Frankie_D

Around The Asphalt 6-21

Postby slmlarry » Mon Jun 21, 2010 7:10 pm

Whats the old saying better late than never.I just haven't the time between being on vacation than going back to work to hitting the road again.By now everyone knows the results from the Stan Perry Memorial and the fallout from the race at Dixie last week.Just a few notes great move by Derrick Griffin on the last lap pass of Greg Parr.Sometimes things in life aren't fair and Parr has knocked on the door the last 2 races at Angola and has come up short.I thought it was a great move by the youngster to show the poise and nudge Parr enough with out wrecking him.A great evening at Angola i personally want to thank Craig Everage for the hospitality and to the great friends that attended Jim Williams, Lou McMurry,Nick Carter and to the new gang i met the Kugler Krew John,Angie,Doug,Beechy,and John's dad.Guys thanks so much for the great burgers and Angie those cookies were awesome hope to see you guys soon.Dixie last friday Oh what a night.I haven't seen this much drama since Ross Meeuwsen won the main event about 5 years ago.The night which was captured by Speed 51 shows all the drama that played out that night.Congatulations to Terry Senneker Jr. who survived a night of drama for a huge win.Got to thank Matt Priuer and Jeff Parish for the hospitality and i'm looking forward to round 2 on July 16th.Good seeing the Menlen gang and Doug and Pam see ya at Flat Rock.Next on the agenda is Berlin the Rowdy Busch 251.The mod Race was won by A J Allmendinger as he blistered the field in that stout looking mod.Great job by Allmendinger by giving all his winnings to charity class act.Now the CRA race dominated by Kyle Busch for the most part and young Chase Elliot putting on a great side by side battle in the first half of the race.The second half the race was dominated by Kyle.Now most of you know my feelings about letting the guy with unlimited budget like Busch to enter and steal the big pay day of the hard working race teams in are area.Iunderstand he sells tickets the grandstands were packed both nights but look at the trend Kyle won the Red Bud 300 at Anderson,the Winchester 400,the Snowball Derby last year and this year the Speedfest at Lanier,and know the big race at Berlin.Good thing he doesn't have a outlaw car thank god.I don't know if any of his winnings went to charity but it would sure be nice to hear.Good seeing my rowdy friends from the Grand Rapids area Danny,Sue,Sue,Gary,Roger,Ed and my Columbus buddy Gary see you guys soon.The last part of the trip ended at Toledo for round 2 of the Gold Cup Series.Harold Fair Jr set fast time and won the 75 lapper over Scott Hantz,Ron Allen,Mike Root,and Paul Peliter.Great job by Arca to hurry the program along with rain moving in from the west i was in my car driving home at 9pm.Speaking of Arca Flat Rock Speedway has there big Stan Yee Memorial this saturday 150 laps and over 2500 to win the list is stout should be a great race.Thats it for now see ya around the asphalt at Flat Rock saturday.
slmlarry
Rookie

Re: Around The Asphalt 6-21

Postby jvanderr » Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:56 pm

Hey Larry it was fun to meet and talk with you. Hope we can do it again. We are hitting m40 Friday Kzoo sat and springport Sunday for the superpro race. Have a great time at flat rock. Look forward to your column. Thanks for the great comments. Angela is bringing the same cookies now to all the races. Here's to good weather fast cars good times and cold beers.
jvanderr
Rookie

Return to Around The Asphalt