SCE News

Stock Car Extreme News

Around The Asphalt 3-4-10

By: Larry Giese

Moderators: Carl Smith, Ron Verash, Frankie_D

Around The Asphalt 3-4-10

Postby slmlarry » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:33 pm

Well its been about 3 months since i last checked in and the race season is getting a little closer.The schedules are out and there are some great super late model shows lined up for 2010.I'm not going to start my season until April 17th with the ASA late models and the Gold Cup Outlaw Late models at Toledo.Kalamazoo has the Intimidator 100 set for April 24 and the Klash Aug 11th.Craig Everage at Angola has another great schedule with the Main Event Series on May 8th and and the 2nd annual Stan Perry memorial on June 10th.Dixie and Owosso has 5 outlaw shows between the 2 tracks.June 11th at Dixie,July 16th at Dixie june 17th at Owosso back to back dates, aug 6th at Dixie and the 2nd annual Heritage 100 on sept 18 at Owosso.The Main Event Series has there regular shows at the tracks they tour including the Main Event at Columbus Motor Speedway Sept 25th and 26th.2 new super outlaw late model series were formed over the winter the Great Lakes Outlaw Series has dates at Kalamazoo,Berlin, and Baerfield.Bill Tomlinson has formed the Super Outlaw Late Model Series with races in Wisconson at Slinger on June 12th and Madison on Sept 25 with 2 dates to be announced.I just want to wish Bill good luck with this deal i think it's exciting that the outlaw cars are racing in Wisconson.Also heard that Rich Bickle Jr is building a outlaw car to compete all over the midwest.Toledo and Flat Rock have there Gold Cup Series including the Stan Yee memorial 150 on June 26th a great event last year and the Glass City 200 on Oct 2nd.Spartan has the Stan Perry Memorial on June 20th.The CRA Super series has a great schedule highlighted by the Rowdy Bush 251 on june 15th and all there regular series stops including a return to Columbus Motor Speedway on aug 28th.Just a side note that race at Berlin could top out at 25,000 to win.Also announced M-40 has a 200 lap outlaw super late model show on wednesday aug25th no purse listed as of yet but are looking for race sponsers of 50 dollars a lap.We also lost a few of are friends over the last few months Marion Brooks Hoosier tire dealer for the Main Event Series in January and most recently super late model driver Tom Hernley lost his mother,Hugh Fair father and grand father of Harold Fair Sr and Jr passed as well as long time sponser and car owner at Flat Rock and Toledo Speedway Butch Giles god speed.Before i go i just want to let Carl ,Ron and Frankie know what agreat job there doing with the website at SCE thanks so much for the chance to speak my mind and looking forward to the next decade of racing with a great website :D :D see ya Around The Asphalt at Toledo next month
slmlarry
Rookie

Re: Around The Asphalt 3-4-10

Postby Carl Smith » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:08 pm

Larry, As alsways great article and thanks for keeping all of us informed about
what is going on up your way.

I really appreciate reading articles from you Ron and Tom Botos.

You guys are great.
Carl Smith,
Owner of Stock Car Extreme
carl@stockcarextreme.com
Carl Smith
Administrator

Postby the old Roadhog » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:26 am

Larry: Nice to see that you are slowly emerging from your winter hibernation!! Getting pumped up for April start of racin'. We started last weekend w/ the return of the racecar show here in GR, after a 10 year absence. Lots of cars, new paint, new sponsors, many different racing forms and venues represented. Raised $$ for the march of dimes too.
Thanks for all the upcoming dates. I've been gouing through the various tracks and series that interest me, and have been filling up the calender. You've helped fill in some of the blanks.
Not one of us fourth turn junkies have renewed season tics this year @ Berlin. Kinda sad really, but with the economy, unexpected medical bills, and some dates we really don't care to go to, we figured that some traveling may be in order. After 9 years of season tics, it's time to spread our wings a bit. Looking forward to The new Great Lakes Outlaw LM series. Have to see who will be traveling regularly. Angola is a possibility, Kazzo too. Toledo on 6/11 for the super mods/sprinters is a must. Would like to take you up on seeing the Main Event @ Columbus. Have to talk to the boys about that one. The Klash of course!! There are several really good LM events scheduled @ Berlin this season. Since they will only be running about 10 times this year, there will be extended laps (60-75) w/ 1 race to be 100 laps-$12 tic!! Anniversery night 7/31 will be good (cookout!!), the Chet on 8/6 combined w/ ARCA race on 8/7 $30 for 2-day pass, camping available.
Looks like a good summer upcoming, hope to catch up w/ you around the asphalt!!
the old Roadhog
Rookie

Postby Carl Smith » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:32 am

the old Roadhog, you may want to look at the Stockcar Extreme Race Calender at the
top of this forum. We will be adding some race Dates to it as we go.

Also you could let me know it you want some added to it.

Thanks
Carl
Carl Smith,
Owner of Stock Car Extreme
carl@stockcarextreme.com
Carl Smith
Administrator

Return to Around The Asphalt