SCE News

Stock Car Extreme News

Around The Asphalt 9-20-09

By: Larry Giese

Moderators: Carl Smith, Ron Verash, Frankie_D

Around The Asphalt 9-20-09

Postby slmlarry » Sun Sep 20, 2009 6:44 pm

Well the weeks of racing are winding down and the year end specials are in full swing with about a month to go in the race season depending how long you want to extend it.The next 2 weeks are huge for the outlaw late models with the Main Event at Columbus and the Glass City 200 at Toledo on oct 4th.The Main Event ofcourse has a rich history with 20 different winners in 20 races a tradition like no other in any annual race i can think of.It was started by the promoter of the MERS Series Chris Tolloty.The winners over the years are some of the biggest in the business which include in order Dennis Berry,canadien legend Jr Hanley (races held at Sandusky Speedway),Lonnie Rush Sr, the late Joe Shear,Donnie Renner,John Vallo,Butch Miller,Gary St Amant,Joe Bush,John Doering Jr,Michigan hall of famer's Fred Campbell and John Grega, veternTim Ice,gentlemen Jerry Mitchell,quick Rick Sexton,Rich Rorher (the race was held at Mansfield),Ross Meeuwsen,the late Lee Anderson,2nd generation star Brian Campbell,2nd generation star Terry Senneker Jr.,and this years Klash winner and the winner of the port city racing classic at Berlin Steve Needles the last 5 races were back at Columbus Motor Speedway.Some the favorites this year even though i haven't seen a entry list will include Steve Needles,Scott Hantz,Jack Landis,Harold Fair Jr,Donnie Hill,Joe Bush,John Grega,Mike Stacy,Jimmy Carter,Scott Baker,Chad Finley and a darkhorse pick David Carter Jr and a ton more.I heard Terry Senneker Jr wrecked at Berlin last night.The Main Event 21 will be at Columbus Motor Speedway on Saturday and sunday sept 26 and 27th paying 6,000 to win a 1,000 to start for 100 laps.Also on the card Modifieds,compacts, and legends.The Glass City 200 has a growing list of entries which can be found on the arca website.Congratulations to Mike Luberda Jr for his big win at Owosso last night over a steller field of cars.Scott Hantz won the CRA race at Baerfield last night.Well thats it for now next up will be in the parking lot on Saturday for the biggest 2 day tailgate party in the midwest the lunacy, the craziness,the insanity,the unpredictability,and the meeting of friends from all over Main Event 21 and my pick the streak continues red hot Scott Hantz see ya around the asphalt at Columbus :D :D
slmlarry
Rookie

Re: Around The Asphalt 9-20-09

Postby fastslm » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:23 am

The Glass City 200 is actually on Saturday night October 3rd. The raindate is Oct. 4th.

The Main Event is next, can't wait.
fastslm
Rookie

Postby slmlarry » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:49 pm

Well i see Hantz isn't going to be at Columbus so i guess i'll pick Mike Stacy to win the Main Event but it will be tough with Senneker and Needles.
slmlarry
Rookie

Postby slmlarry » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:14 pm

Alot of rain today no qualifing or heat races today.Everything will be run tomorrow at noon it's going to be a long day at main event 22.
slmlarry
Rookie

Postby slmlarry » Sun Sep 27, 2009 9:58 am

More rain today cancelled until oct 10 and 11
slmlarry
Rookie

Return to Around The Asphalt