SCE News

Stock Car Extreme News

Around The Asphalt 8-27

By: Larry Giese

Moderators: Carl Smith, Ron Verash, Frankie_D

Around The Asphalt 8-27

Postby slmlarry » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:07 pm

Well i guess it's time to get caught up.The Kazoo Klash was another great night of racing and congratulations to Steve Needles and the Gentry race team for winning the Klash.They have now won 3 out of the last 5 Kazoo Klashes including 2 in a row with last years winner Terry Senneker Jr who probably would have won this year if he didn't slip in the fluid of someone elses mess and the late Lee Anderson in 05.Needle's and Senneker are the youngest driver's to win a Klash and the Main Event that i know of, as how ironic that Gentry's team has also won the last 3 out 4 Main Events with Anderson in 05 Senneker in 07 and Needles in 08.Gentry's team has some of the best equipment in the state of Michigan right now.IT'll be interesting come Main Event and Glass City time to see how they match up against Mike Root ,Dakota Carlson,Jimmy Carter,and the man who is red hot winning the Sizzler and the CRA races at Toledo and a huge win down in Nashville against a stellar field Scott Hantz who is on a tear right now.Getting back to Kazoo it was nice seeing all the big names in the sport of Asphalt racing including Ed Inloes,Gary Lindhal,Ron Verash,Patrick McNamara and anyone else i forgot to mention.Also a salute to my great friends a special Thanks to Gary,Lois,Chris Doug,and Danny and Sue for helping with the payment of the skybox at the Klash.Special hello's to Roger ,Gary ,Ed,Nick Carter,Kit ,big Sue and Monroe Lou.The next night I went to Toledo for the CRA race and Scott Hantz did pass Kyle Busch before his Toyota Camry slammed the turn 3 wall and Busch walked back across the dark Toledo Speedway infield back to his hauler :D :D :D . I have to make a special mention to young Nick Diano who was running 3rd at one time and finished 5th in his first ever ride in a late model.They bought a pretty good piece in David Stemmes CRA car.The season is winding down but there is some good late model racing left it starts this weekend with the Mudslinger at Auto City ,labor day weekend brings the main event at Kilkare,a 50lapper at Angola the Harvest 100 at Spartan and the CRA race at Winchester on labor day monday. Congratulations to Al Reeves race team with a big win at Shadybowl in the Main Event Series back on aug 8th with Mike Stacy behind the wheel again great job.One other item i would like to mention i know it's early and things can change how about the press release out of Angola Speedway The Wide Open Tour returns in 2010 with 200 lap template race paying 10,000 to win,a outlaw race in August paying 10,000 to win now that's 3 big races in August the Sizzler ,the Klash,and know this one.The huge annoucement that the 2nd annual Stan Perry Memorial will be paying a whopping 30,000 plus to win i don't think anyone will leave next year.Well next up don't know what the plans are i have a wedding the next 2 weekends that screws up the race schedule See ya around the asphalt somewhere :D :D
slmlarry
Rookie

Re: Around The Asphalt 8-27

Postby jvanderr » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:25 am

Hey Larry, great post. Where did you get the info on the Wide Open Tour and Angola? I was on their website and did not see anything about it. Thanks, keep up the good work.
jvanderr
Rookie

Postby michianaracin » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:15 am

jvanderr wrote:Hey Larry, great post. Where did you get the info on the Wide Open Tour and Angola? I was on their website and did not see anything about it. Thanks, keep up the good work.

it up on there home page click here http://www.angolamotorspeedway.com/Labo ... elease.htm
michianaracin
Track Champion

Postby jvanderr » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:02 am

I saw that post on the website. I am talking about the post regarding any 2010 info, but thanks.
jvanderr
Rookie

Postby slmlarry » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:11 pm

Sorry but where i saw it was under mstrc.com under the pavement tracks section.Now it has been deleted i geuss it 's like i said to early to make a announcement like that .
slmlarry
Rookie

Postby michelle6 » Mon Sep 07, 2009 2:22 pm

Just a follow up to your shout out to the Al Reeves race team for their victory in the Main Event Racing Series 75 lap feature at Shady Bowl Speedway on August 8, 2009, it was an exciting feature with a lot of side by side racing. Mike Stacy has done an awesome job behind the wheel of the Reeves #6 Finishline super late model, a true professional on and off the track. Mike Stacy and 2nd place finisher Rich Roher raced very clean but very tenaciously for the win, both drivers are an asset to the motorsports world.
michelle6
Rookie

Return to Around The Asphalt