SCE News

Stock Car Extreme News

Around The Asphalt 10-23

By: Larry Giese

Moderators: Carl Smith, Ron Verash, Frankie_D

Around The Asphalt 10-23

Postby slmlarry » Thu Oct 23, 2008 5:50 pm

Well where back after a month long layoff i apoligize i've had a computer crash,my mom's been in the hospital, a good friend of mine was in the hospital and the busy days that pop up in everyones lives.First off i want to wish Roger Burton a get well wish and get back real soon because the Stockcar extreme family needs you.I also want to apologize to Chris Tolloty and the Main Event Series as the plan was to do a preview of the race and write about after it.That's when my computer crashed, but i want to congratulate Steve Needles on becoming the 21st different winner of the Main Event,just a incredible streak that after 21 yrs there has never been a repeat winner.Donnie Hill had the run of his life leading the the first half of the race but Steve was the class of the field that day and won the 6,000 pay day to go with it. Also congratulations to Harold Fair Jr for winning the Glass City 150 over a steller field.This week i went to the Boyne at Berlin which was rescheduled from Sept and was run last weekend. Congratulations to the top three divisions that were run the winners being Terry Senneker winning the outlaw late model portion,Brian Bergaker winning the usa mods, and to Brian Campbell for winning the Cra 125 and to Scott Hantz for winning his third cra title.Just a great show put on by Mike Blackmer and the entire staff of the Berlin Raceway as they a have a class act in charge of the every day operations for Berlin next year good luck Mike.It was good seeing all my friends from Grand Rapids Danny,Sue,Roger, and the whole gang thanks for the great burger.It was also good seeing Mt Cleamons Mike,Mike Williams,Matt and Elaine Priuer,and Chris Fobbe.Good to see Kevin Kosher taking over the reigns over at M-40,and i guess there will be a announcement on Nov 1st about Dixie Motor Speedway.From what i heard i got to give props to Ron Veresh and everyone involved in the South Bend Motor Spedway reunion race sounded like a great event Ron i didn't think you had it in you great job.Well next up the wife and I planning a vacation down to Nashville for the All American 400 weekend next week should be a great show as that will be the last race at the fairgrounds see ya around the asphalt
slmlarry
Rookie

Re: Around The Asphalt 10-23

Postby photoshooter » Sat Oct 25, 2008 10:33 am

well wont be the last race at the fairgrounds they just renewed the lease i was suppose to be there but since they moved the race to sat i have to be at the rumble in columbus oh
photoshooter
Track Champion

Re: Around The Asphalt 10-23

Postby slmlarry » Sat Oct 25, 2008 11:29 pm

Man people keep on correcting me for the right reasons i thought it was done
slmlarry
Rookie

Return to Around The Asphalt