SCE News

Stock Car Extreme News

Around The Asphalt 9-11-08

By: Larry Giese

Moderators: Carl Smith, Ron Verash, Frankie_D

Around The Asphalt 9-11-08

Postby slmlarry » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:39 pm

Well the year end specials are in full swing and the Boyne at Berlin has the biggest purse to date with over 130,000 up for grabs this weekend.Two great days of racing with the cra series,the usa modifieds,the outlaw late models,and all the Berlin Raceway divisions.Should be a hellava show put together by Mike Blackmer of Boyne Machine.It should be also noted that Mike has taken over the reigns at Berlin Raceway as he has purchased the promotional rights to the track and will run the show at Berlin next year.With the west side of Michigan taken care of with the Howe family at Kazoo,Blackmer at Berlin,and the BattleCreek businessmen that bought Springport,the new owners at Owosso Speedway,are attention turns to Dixie Motor Speedway which is for sale and the now defunct M-40 speedway which is also for sale.I took a much needed rest last weekend and stayed home to watch my beloved Buckeyes squeak one out but i'll be the first admit they don't have a chance against usc this weekend but thats why they play the game.I did see that Scott Hantz won the Dixie Cup finale at Dixie Motor Speedway on saturday.Also congratulations to Phil Massuch who ran so great in the Klash as he won the 100 lap championship race at Kazoo and to Andy Bozell who won another track championship at Kazoo.Two weeks ago i was at Auto City for the Mudslinger and John Doering Jr won in a dull follow the leader race and alot of wrecks which led to a very dull show. The next night at Toledo wasn't much better as Dave Kulhman won the gold cup race over Harold Fair Jr as the 2 veterns lapped the field.Ithink that the Glass City will bring some cars maybe 30-40 to make it a better race.Next week we will do a Glass City preview.Well i hope the weather cooperates in Grand Rapids thats were i'll be this weekend for the Boyne at Berlin see ya around the asphalt.
slmlarry
Rookie

Re: Around The Asphalt 9-11-08

Postby GuseyRacing » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:45 pm

[quote][/quote] the BattleCreek businessmen that bought Springport

From what has been said and has been posted on other forums I don't know if that is a done deal. :?:
Just a fan for now
"We have done so much, with so little, for so long, that now we can do anything with nothing" Dave Marcis
GuseyRacing
Track Champion

Re: Around The Asphalt 9-11-08

Postby slmlarry » Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:51 pm

OK thanks for the correction i sure hope it goes through
slmlarry
Rookie

Return to Around The Asphalt