SCE News

Stock Car Extreme News

Around The Asphalt 8-12

By: Larry Giese

Moderators: Carl Smith, Ron Verash, Frankie_D

Around The Asphalt 8-12

Postby slmlarry » Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:41 pm

Well were back i took some time off and now the motor is ready to go.I love this correspondents section i want to thank Roger,Carl,and Ron for adding me to the list.Well it's been over a month since i last wrote.We have been all over the place since then including the Main Event race at Sandusky speedway in July which was won by Bret Jursik his first ever mers race win.Next we went to Lake Erie Speedway for a 150 lap race there biggest race of the year.George Skora 111 won the race.Next up we went to Flat Rock for the Stan Yee memorial race which was won by Justin Schroeder a huge pay day winning his first big race of his career. The following week we went to Toledo Speedway for the CRA race which had great drama at the end with Johnny Van Doorn tangeling with Scott Hantz with 3 laps to go.Hantz made a pass clean on Van Doorn and the next lap Van Doorn hit Hantz in turn 4 and got him out of shape and almost into the wall and won his first CRA race of the year. The next night we went to Dixie for the big one with the Dixie Cup Series and the Auto Value Spint cars.A great 26 car field for the outlaw late models when it was all said and done veteran John Grega bested a great field of supers.My next adventure was New Paris for the for the 7th annual Summer Sizzler and a stellar field of late models .This race has had 6 different winners and the 7th edition added another first time winner winning the biggest race of his career was Jeff Ganus and a cool 20,000 dollar pay day.7 Sizzler's 7 different winners it started with local Erv Starett winning the first one,Andy Bozell the 2nd,John Delarye the 3rd,Jack Landis the 4th edition ,Ron Maynard jr won the 5th,John Long won last year and of course Ganus this year. Ron gave you all of the details of the race i think that Donnie Klotz did a great job with the double file restarts and running the racing slick tire again it made a difference.I had thoughts of going to Toledo for the 50 lap gold cup race and reunion night, but went home instead, i did see that Harold Fair Sr beat his son to the finish and won on a very special night.Saturday night was the mers race at Shadybowl and they had 21 supers including the Flat Rock invaders the Fairs ,Paul Pelliter, and Chris Bensen after 75 laps a local product Josh Smith beat Fair Jr,Don Maheffey Jr,Don Harvey Jr.and Bud Perry rounded out top 5.Well next up for me will be the Klash, peaking at their website i don't see a entry list but did notice there will be side by side restarts and after the 100 lap break they will roll the dice 1thru 6 for the invert for the final 50 laps winner take all 10,000 to win Kazoo Klash.This year we won't be in the cramped stands look up and say hi will be in a skybox for this years edition with some close friends including the dog see ya at the klash
slmlarry
Rookie

Return to Around The Asphalt