SCE News

Stock Car Extreme News

Around The Asphalt 5-21

By: Larry Giese

Moderators: Carl Smith, Ron Verash, Frankie_D

Around The Asphalt 5-21

Postby slmlarry » Mon May 21, 2012 1:53 pm

This past saturday my dad and i headed to Sandusky Speedway for race 1 of the Main Event Racing Series and there were 25 super late models including Toledo/Flat Rock runners Ron Allen,Harold Fair Jr,Dennis Strickland,and Jack Varney Jr.Setting fast time and a new track record with 13.666 was smoking Bud Perry the 2011 series champ.The invert was 8 which put Shawn Stroble and Justin Schroeder on the front row for the 75 lap race.Taking the lead from the start was Schroeder who jumped past Stroble into turn 1.The race was moving along quickly a caution on lap 22 slowed the pace and everyone could collect their breath.There were a few more minor cautions but the damage was minimal.Harold Fair Jr started 7th finished 4th,Donnie Hill started 10th finished 5th,Brian Short started 17th and finished 8th,and Craig Everage started 12th and finished 6th.I really enjoyed the race it was fast paced good clean racing and no one got tore up.The top 5 were Schroeder,Stroble,Carter,Fair Jr. ,and Donnie Hill.I have to thank Kevin Jaycox for the hospitality and the crowd was pretty good cosidering the boring all star race and the Arca weekend up the road at Toledo.Thats it for now next up MERS round 2 at Auto City and Gold Cup 2 at Spartan see around the asphalt memorial day weekend. :flag: :flag:
slmlarry
Rookie

Return to Around The Asphalt