SCE News

Stock Car Extreme News

Around The Asphalt 4-18-12

By: Larry Giese

Moderators: Carl Smith, Ron Verash, Frankie_D

Around The Asphalt 4-18-12

Postby slmlarry » Wed Apr 18, 2012 2:08 pm

Well it has been a while since i last checked in.I was falling behind in the pecking order of all the great writers we have on this site.There has not been much going on racing wise for me.Listened to a few races on the internet including last weeks crashfest at Anderson.Congrates to the south invaders T J Reid and Bubba Pollard for their 1 2 finish and how about the 72 of Scott Hantz with a 3rd place finish.Terry Senneker was the big winner at Berlin saturday nite 23 outlaw late models on hand pretty impressive for the season openner.Kalamazoo has the Intimidator set for this weekend should have a stout field as always.Jegs race at Plymouth Sunday and then my first race on the 29th at Toledo for the Arca/Cra Super series and the outlaw Gold cup race 1 the best of both worlds if your a late model fan cant wait.Kevin Jaycox has put a impressive schedule together for the Main Event Series with return visits to Toledo, Auto City and Dixie with Mike Kern back at Dixie.I'm pretty pumped for 2012 season with improvements at most of the Buckeye state tracks.New asphalt at Shadybowl,new seats at Toledo,new stuff at Barberton with Jake Francis in control,new improvements at Midvale,and Kevin Jaycox brings the Main Event back to Sandusky on Sept 22nd/23rd.This may stop the team green dominance at Columbus over the last 7 yrs although Terry Senneker may still be the one to beat now that there theres some kind of alliance with Larry Zent.In closing June 23rd The Joy Fair Memorial will be at Flat Rock was hoping it would be at Toledo with some big cash involved but Joy was good at both venues should be a emotional night for one of the best late model racers in my life time see you around the asphalt at Toledo on April 29th. :headbang: :headbang:
slmlarry
Rookie

Return to Around The Asphalt