SCE News

Stock Car Extreme News

Around The Asphalt 10-20-11

By: Larry Giese

Moderators: Carl Smith, Ron Verash, Frankie_D

Around The Asphalt 10-20-11

Postby slmlarry » Thu Oct 20, 2011 6:40 pm

A few days late with this article but last weekend my dad and i headed to the famed Winchester Speedway for the 40th annual Winchester 400.It was a pleasure to be at the famed oval with my dad his first visit there and what a great weekend it was.I want to thank Glenn Luckett,Cra, and the Winchester Speedway for the hospitality.By now everyone knows the results,but just a few observations in the 400 what a great comeback for Boris Jurkovic coming from 3 laps down to win his first 400.How about Derrick Griffin the class all day finishes 2nd,but wins the Cra championship as a consolation prize.Chase Elliot dominated the middle portions of the 400 to finish 3rd.The next observation i had how about the youth in this race Griffin,Kenseth,Nasse,Kennedy,Ruston,Mingus,and Niewek.The news I read this week the end of a era Scott Hantz and EMF will no longer be together.The big shocker Derrick Griffin looking for a ride in 2012 as Welch and Wilson will not race in 2012.It was good seeing all my friends John,Lou,Matt Prieur,Mike,Kim,Michelle,Gary,Chuck,Jeff Miller,and to my good buddy Tyler hope all is well with you.Well as the race season winds down in the midwest still some shows left down south the North/South Shootout at Caraway,The world Crown in Georgia,The Pass Mason Dixon Meltdown at Concord Turkey Weekend and ofcourse the 44th annual Snowball Derby.Some great late model races left down south,but there is still one left at Mottville this weekend,the outlaw late models will be there this weekend good luck to all involved.Well thats all i got this time short and sweet will see you around the asphalt in the near future :flag: :flag:
slmlarry
Rookie

Return to Around The Asphalt