Congratulations to
HIGHSIDE91

Stock Car Extreme News

1940's Midget Sprint Questions

Use for General Discussion

Moderators: Carl Smith, Ron Verash, Frankie_D

1940's Midget Sprint Questions

Postby tofudrifter81 » Mon Aug 17, 2015 6:46 am

Hello to everyone. My name is Jason and am new to the vintage race scene. Last weekend I acquired what I believe is a early 1940's midget sprint car body. Correct me if I am wrong but this style appears to be Pre-Kurtis Kraft midgets. From the research I have done and please correct me if I am wrong, but this body should be mounted to an ESSEX frame? The early goal here is to see if anyone can identify the car. It would be great to know some of its history if anyone here can recognize or point me in the direction to some one who might remember it. the body appears to have been a cream white, then theres a layer of red brick primer under the current blue color that it is. with the paint peeling in some places it appears if has only been two colors in its life time. The kicker is the candy apple green color interior padding. I imagine that the color choice will help jar some memories. I do hope to source the parts to get it back together one day. Any help with information would be much appreciated.

Admins- If this topic needs to be moved Please advise me where to post it, and I apologize in advance if this is not the right place for this question. Thank you for any info you can provide.

Jason W.
Attachments
tofudrifter81
Rookie

Return to General Discussion