SCE News

Stock Car Extreme News

Everage Motorsports Ends Promoting Angola Motorspeedway

Freemont, Indiana

Moderators: Carl Smith, Ron Verash, Frankie_D

Postby Frankie_D » Mon Nov 21, 2011 11:27 am

(Angola, IN) The Everage Motorsports team would like to officially announce it will not renew the lease for the 2012 racing season at Angola Motor Speedway. Since 2007, Colleen and Craig Everage, owners of Everage Motor Sports, have leased the historic track four out of five seasons.

After taking the 2008 season off, The Everage Motorsports team enthusiastically returned in 2009 and strategically ran a partial schedule, which subsequently was one of most successful seasons in track history. Then again during the 2010 season, record crowds witnessed some of the most thrilling and competitive racing action ever. Conversely, the following 2011season was the hardest season for Angola Motor Speedway in track history. Mother Nature played tricks on track management and fans alike by not allowing any completed events until mid-June due to rain and terrible storms. In spite of financial losses early on in 2011, the Everage Motorsports Team committed to finish out the season. Unfortunately the season didn’t get easier and included a rainy Main Event Outlaw Super Late Model Race in August that should have been a successful evening for the track. That particular evening when Craig Everage could have cancelled the show, he refused and made sure race teams, drivers and fans were not disappointed. “I had enough with her! (Mother Nature) I got the whole show in while every other race tracks except Eldora (Motor Speedway) cancelled. That was probably the most expensive race I paid to watch,” stated, Craig Everage, owner of Everage Motor Sports. “I would like to thank everyone from staff, drivers, fans, sponsors and my family for the four seasons I ran the Angola Motor Speedway.”

The Angola Motor Speedway is owned by Greg Poe the son of the late track owner, Dick Poe. The Everage Motor Sports Team managed the race track for the 2007, 2009, 2010, and 2011 seasons. During this time the Angola Motor Speedway hosted some of the greatest racing Angola has seen. During Craig Everage’s tenure, he created the $10,110 to win “Stan Perry” Memorial Race and received national attention. In addition Everage encouraged community involvement with “Pack the House” nights, $20 Carloads, free camping, reduced ticket prices, and kid’s activities. The track was always very clean and Everage was always looking for ways to give race fans a great and memorable experience each time they visited the track.

“I would like say a big thank you to Greg Poe for allowing me to lease the track last season he as he offered me a very fair deal for the 2012 season,” said, Craig Everage. “I also wish Greg the best of success with his race track in the future. At this time I have decided to stay focused on Everage Auto in Angola Indiana, along with my new son (Cruz Alan Everage) and wonderful wife that will be a lot of fun to spend the summers with. And I thank the entire staff that has been with us for the four seasons. Also the biggest Thank You to the greatest race fans and drivers in short track racing.”

The Angola Motor Speedway is located in Fremont, Indiana and is owned by Greg Poe. Since 1964, the historic track has hosted NASCAR Stars, Super Modifieds, Sprint Cars, and is known as being the best Super Late Model track in the Midwest. Please visit the track in the future. It is a perfect way to spend a summer evening with friends and family. Visit the website at http://www.angolamotorspeedway.com for all of the upcoming information for the 2012 season.
Frankie_D
Administrator

Re: Everage Motorsports Ends Promoting Angola Motorspeedway

Postby BigDeel » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:34 pm

Craig is a good for racing. I hope to see him in his super-late next year.
"That was probably the most expensive race I paid to watch,” stated, Craig Everage
He lost money that night, but sent many fans home happy. For that and all the other great shows he put on, Thank You to the Everage Motorsports Team.
Coe Motorsports #28 crew member

"The second amendment is my gun permit." Ted Nugent
BigDeel
Veteran

Re: Everage Motorsports Ends Promoting Angola Motorspeedway

Postby shrttrackr » Mon Nov 21, 2011 2:44 pm

I could not agree more. i have only benn to the track once (stan perry 2010) and all i can say is what a great job he does.
good luck Craig Everage in 2012 and i hope the Poe family can find someone decent to run the facility for 2012.
Everything Tastes better FRIED!!
shrttrackr
Track Champion

Return to Angola Motor Speedway