big dawg
big dawg

Stock Car Extreme News

Pennies for Puppies Night.

South Bend, Indiana

Moderators: Carl Smith, Ron Verash, Frankie_D

Pennies for Puppies Night.

Postby RacerBear31 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:33 am

Pennies for Puppies night is next week, June 23.
Just a quick reminder. When it says "Food donation" on the schedule, we are talking about a donation of PET food. Either 4 cans of cat or dog food, any size bag of dry food, clumping kitty litter or dog or cat treats would be best. The Humane Society also has Rabbits that are available for adoption so food for them would be good too. I'll post an update if there is anything else that they can use.
Thanks again for all your help with this. It is greatly appreciated
RacerBear31
Veteran

Re: Pennies for Puppies Night.

Postby corky9 » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:36 pm

Watching those kids with those coins was realy something. I went down there to watch and the funniest thing was this little boy chasing this penny that started rolling away. Look like he was gonna chase that thing forever because it just wasnt gonna roll over and stop. He left the pile of change just for that one penny. LOL
Corky Knight #9 LM
corky9
Track Champion

Postby RacerBear31 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 4:06 am

THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU!

Got home around 3 am and am so pumped that I just couldn't rest until I emptied the big water jug full of money that one fan brought in and LOTs of others added to. I have NOT counted any of the change but...this is so cool...just in folding money, there is $422. Add in the $302 from the winner of the 50/50 drawing, Jim Coburn from Michigan City and that brings th...e total, so far, to $724.
A special huge THANK YOU goes out to Ronnie McLean Racing/Concord Cars, John Long Racing, Davis Family Racing, Wings Etc., Del Tacos, Neal Insurance Agency and Chrarles Darr Racing for the shirts, hats and other prizes that were given away for donations. Our first ever special "Night at the Races" was a huge success. Thank you also to all of the volunteers from the Humane Society who helped out. Without your help, this would not have been possible. And, remember, I still have a huge jug of change to count yet. I'll post an update once I get it all counted.
RacerBear31
Veteran

Postby sdsracing31 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:40 am

your welcome for the water jug glad we could help out and do our part was very glad to see a good turn out at the track and very good racing
sdsracing31
Rookie

Postby RacerBear31 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:14 pm

I finally got the change counted and our total for the night was approximately $805.45. I say, "approximately" because I ran out of penny wrappers so I just dumped the tubes of pennies after I ran them through the sorter and didn't verify them like I do when I wrap them. That brings our total for the year to $1265.95. Last year, we collected $1000 so, we have already beat that with 13 events left on the schedule. Doubling last year's total is gonna happen! Can we TRIPLE it?
RacerBear31
Veteran

Postby RacerBear31 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 3:36 am

Everything is set for August 21st at 100 Center Hacienda. Pennies for Puppies night is gonna legen...(wait for it)...DARY! See Lisa Hartz or me at the track on Saturday if you want your tokens. Oh, and this is really cool, we get a percentage of TOTAL sales...INCLUDING ALCOHOL!!!! So, tell your friends and neighbors, inlaws and outlaws, heck, tell everyone you know. Let's make this the fund raiser to remember.

I have a number of drivers who have agreed to bring their cars out that night as well. The Mutt Mobile may also be there! I also heard that a classic car group might make that one of their cruise in nights. If anyone needs tokens to pass out or they can reach me at RacerBear31@yahoo.com or see me at the track.
RacerBear31
Veteran

Return to South Bend Motor Speedway